TEXAS (Nexstar)- Today, the Electric Reliability Council of Texas is asking all Texans to reduce electric use as much as possible today through Friday.
According to ERCOT, a significant number of forced generation outages combined with potential record electric use for the month of June has resulted in tight grid conditions.
Oncor is echoing this call for conservation in its role as the company that delivers electricity to many Texans.
Customers can help by taking the following ERCOT conservation steps:
- Turn off any unnecessary lights and equipment.
- Turn thermostat up 2 to 3 degrees.
- Set programmable thermostats to higher temperatures when no one is home.
- Use fans to feel 4 to 6 degrees cooler.
- Limit use of large appliances like dishwashers and dryers.
- If you cook indoors, use a microwave or slow cooker.
- Close blinds and drapes during late afternoon.
- Schedule pool pumps to run in the early morning or overnight hours.