ANDREWS, Texas (Nexstar)- The Andrews High School One Act Play cast and crew were awarded the Regional Championship Tuesday, earning a spot at the Texas State competition.
This is the first time since 2014 AHS has taken a play to the State contest, according to a release.
The cast & crew also won the District and bi-district championships with their play, Scuttlers by Rona Munro.
Bethany Woemmel was named Best Overall Performer at district, bi-district and regional levels. Reece Jones was named All-Star cast at all three levels.
Other individual awards include:
- Region Honorable Mention: Sarai Flores and Cole Flora.
- Region Best Overall Crew: Dusti Rosson, Rocco Garcia, Arion Watson and Javan Tellez.
- Bi-District Honorable Mention: Piper Stephenson and Jade Dulin.
- District Honorable Mention: Cole Flora, Caleb Neufeld and Jakob Barton.
- District Outstanding Theatre Tech-Lighting: Arion Watson.
The group will host a public performance at 6:00 p.m. on April 26 in the AHS Little Theater. Tickets are $10.
The cast and crew will then head to the State Championship and will compete against the Top 8 plays in the 4A division April 28 and 29.