MIDLAND, Texas (Big 2/Fox 24) – The City of Midland has confirmed 90 new cases of COVID-19 in Midland County. This brings the total to 1194.
There are 780 isolated cases, 393 recovered and 21 COVID-19 related deaths in Midland County.
This comes after last week saw a dramatic increase in cases.
Governor Greg Abbott has mentioned in the past the spike in cases across West Texas. Across the state, concerns about the spread of the virus are being discussed. Top officials in Houston are calling for the city to lock back down as area hospitals strain to accommodate the onslaught of patients sick with the new coronavirus.
On Friday, Abbott extended a statewide disaster order that warned Texans another shutdown might be needed if the virus’ spread isn’t contained. He announced Sunday that the federal government will continue to fund large testing centers in Dallas and Houston through the end of July.
- WATCH: Permian vs. Abilene High
- Despite Democratic roadblocks, Senate moves forward with Trump’s Supreme Court nomination
- 39 new cases reported in Ector County
- Mickey: Keys to beating Washington
- Mickey: Key’s to beat Washington