AUGUSTA, Ga. (WJBF) – The Founding Partners of Drive, Chip and Putt have announced changes for this season, in regards to the continuing COVID-19 pandemic.
The 2020-21 qualifying season, originally set to begin May 2nd, is now cancelled. The Founding Partners say this was done to protect the health and safety of all involved.
Also announced, the Drive, Chip and Putt National Finals, originally set for April 5th 2020, will now take place on April 4th 2021, the eve of the Masters Tournament. Each National Finalist will be invited to compete in the same age division for which they previously qualified in 2020, regardless of their age on that date.
Those that bought tickets to the National Finals will be sent a refund in May and guaranteed the opportunity to buy tickets for next year.
MORE SPORTS STORIES:
- City lacking usual spark amid injuries, fixture pile-up
- The Latest: 2 AC Milan players test positive for coronavirus
- On Football: Brady flourishing, Belichick floundering
- Arizona knocks off undefeated Seattle with 37-34 OT victory
- Margot out at home, Rays unable to steal Game 5 from Dodgers
- Kershaw stops steal of home, hands Dodgers 3-2 Series lead
- In Joctober, Pederson does it all for Dodgers
- Misty, drizzling day postpones Cup race in Texas on Lap 52
- AP source: Arizona accused of 5 Level I violations by NCAA
- Brady’s 4 TD passes lead Bucs past Raiders 45-20