AUGUSTA, Ga. (WJBF) – The Founding Partners of Drive, Chip and Putt have announced changes for this season, in regards to the continuing COVID-19 pandemic.
The 2020-21 qualifying season, originally set to begin May 2nd, is now cancelled. The Founding Partners say this was done to protect the health and safety of all involved.
Also announced, the Drive, Chip and Putt National Finals, originally set for April 5th 2020, will now take place on April 4th 2021, the eve of the Masters Tournament. Each National Finalist will be invited to compete in the same age division for which they previously qualified in 2020, regardless of their age on that date.
Those that bought tickets to the National Finals will be sent a refund in May and guaranteed the opportunity to buy tickets for next year.
MORE SPORTS STORIES:
- Rodgers, Packers beat Rams 32-18 to reach NFC title game
- Mass on kidney to keep LeVert out indefinitely for Pacers
- Nets coach says Harden will start Saturday night vs Magic
- No. 23 Minnesota hands No. 7 Michigan 1st loss in 75-57 romp
- Four-time champ Chen wins short program with ease
- Maryland prepares $3.5 million payout to McNair parents
- The Latest: Memphis women’s basketball cancels another game
- Long road to normalcy: Virtual village connects marathoners
- Gilgeous-Alexander leads Thunder past Donovan, Bulls in OT
- BASKETBALL HIGHLIGHTS: Odessa High picks up first district win over Midland High