ODESSA, Texas (Big 2/FOX 24) – As we continue to celebrate Hispanic Heritage month, we give you some insight into menudo. Evette Garcia considers herself a menudo chef.
The Odessa resident has been making it for eight years and says the recipe has been passed down in her family for generations. Garcia says it takes her between eight and ten hours to make.
“It’s such an emotional experience because it brings back so many memories of my family growing up,” said Garcia. “You definitely have to have the time for it and the patience just because it takes so long to make. Here’s something else interesting about Menudo, some call it a hangover cure.”
- Lawmakers push for new war memorial to honor fallen service members killed in war on terror
- 2 financial fiascos loom over federal government
- New details after 63 African penguins die suddenly in ‘unusual event’
- McDonald’s starts phasing out plastic toys from Happy Meals
- Chipotle adds a new meat option to menu for limited time