ODESSA, Texas (Big 2/FOX 24) – As we continue to celebrate Hispanic Heritage month, we give you some insight into menudo. Evette Garcia considers herself a menudo chef.
The Odessa resident has been making it for eight years and says the recipe has been passed down in her family for generations. Garcia says it takes her between eight and ten hours to make.
“It’s such an emotional experience because it brings back so many memories of my family growing up,” said Garcia. “You definitely have to have the time for it and the patience just because it takes so long to make. Here’s something else interesting about Menudo, some call it a hangover cure.”
- 16-year-old helps Missouri officer in scuffle during arrest
- Photographer tracks down couple after capturing touching marriage proposal
- Newsfeed Now: At least 1 dead, 10 injured after Florida condo collapse; Mysterious disease blinding birds
- Parents charged after infant dies from cocaine, police say; drug found in bottles
- Mother wants son kept behind bars after judges keep releasing him, causing more trouble