ODESSA, Texas (Big 2/FOX 24) – As we continue to celebrate Hispanic Heritage month, we give you some insight into menudo. Evette Garcia considers herself a menudo chef.
The Odessa resident has been making it for eight years and says the recipe has been passed down in her family for generations. Garcia says it takes her between eight and ten hours to make.
“It’s such an emotional experience because it brings back so many memories of my family growing up,” said Garcia. “You definitely have to have the time for it and the patience just because it takes so long to make. Here’s something else interesting about Menudo, some call it a hangover cure.”
- State-wide domestic abuser database in effect, called “Monica’s Law” after Odessa woman
- Trump meets with rap star Lil Wayne in Florida
- El Paso County Judge announces two-week shutdown for non-essential businesses
- Local veteran brings passion for airplanes to the restaurant scene
- Man mauled after paying for ‘full-contact’ leopard experience in Florida