Carbon monoxide leak forces evacuation of Manor Park in Midland

local news

MIDLAND, Texas (Big 2 News/Fox 24 News) – The City of Midland is reporting that patients at Manor Park have been relocated after a carbon monoxide leak was detected in a furnace located in the basement.

Shortly before noon, Midland Fire Department was called out to Manor Park after patients experienced dizziness, blurred vision, and headaches.

According to the Executive Director at Manor Park, 25 residents and 13 employees were taken to the hospital. Their conditions are unknown at this time.

All 70 remaining residents in the building that was evacuated were relocated to safe areas around the campus.

The Midland Fire Marshal’s Office is currently investigating this incident.

Copyright 2020 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

BorderReport.com

More BorderReport

Don't Miss

More Don't Miss